7-year old Malaysian boy dies while eating rambutans

7-year old Malaysian boy dies while eating rambutans
PHOTO: Wikimedia Commons/Ahoerstemeier

A seven-year-old boy in Kubang Pasu, Kedah, died after choking on the seed of a rambutan fruit on Sunday.

Muhammad Fahim Ilmi Mohd Fairuz was eating rambutans in the staff room of SMK Bandar Baru Sintok while waiting for his mother, a teacher at the school, at about 2pm.

"When he was in the staff room, he started eating rambutans but then he started choking and he vomited, before being found in a semi-conscious state by another teacher," Kosmo! quoted a source as saying.

The source added that Muhammad Fahim was rushed to a health clinic in Changlun, and was pronounced dead while being sent for medical attention at Jitra Hospital.

The source added that his body was brought to Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital in Alor Setar for a post-mortem before being buried in Nibong Tebal, Penang.

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDED CONTENT

SPONSORED CONTENT

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.